Many of the Lima’s shoreline is rocky, or sandy or pebbled on the banks of the Pacific Ocean. However, there are a few sandy beaches near Lima where you can enjoy the sun time on the sand.
Also Read: 5 Best Beaches of Russia That You Can’t Afford To Miss
Lima is the capital and the largest city of Peru which is located in the valleys of the Chillón, Rímac and Lurín Rivers, in the desert zone of the central coastal part of the country, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Lima is home to one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in the New World.
- In Lima, 93% of households have access to water supply in their homes.
- Lima has a population of about 10 million people.
1. Cerro Azul
If you drive for 3 hours from Lima, you will come to one of the beaches that is favored by the surfers. There is a pier here where Peruvians can be seen fishing. There are also stalls that sell chilled beers and snacks.
Ensure to carry cash as there are no ATM centers in this area.
Things to do in Cerro Azul –
- Eat seafood
- Lay out
- Rent quads
- Ride jet skies
2. Costa Verde
There are a few beaches in Miraflores that have been called the Circuit of Beaches of Costa Verda. These beaches are known for their clean and calm waters. These beaches can get crowded during the summer months.
Whether you take in the view from the Beautiful shopping center Larcomar or look down the cliffs from the beautiful park next to the MiraFlores Belmont Park Hotel you will never forget how stunning the view is.
3. Ancon Beach
A half-hour’s drive north of Lima, here you will notice novice water-sports enthusiasts practicing their skills. Take a stroll on the boardwalk. Here, you will see a blend of old and modern houses, and restaurants serving Peruvian delicacies.
The area surrounding Playa Hermosa has traditionally been a popular spot for fishing and sailing.
4. Paracas Beach
The shoreline is rugged and unexplored. The beaches here are untouched. When you are here, take a trip to Isla Ballestas. This isle is known as the Poor Man’s Galapagos.’
List of famous nearby beaches in Paracas, Peru:
- La Mina
- Playa El Raspon
- Yumaque Beach
- Playa Mendieta
- Red Beach
- Supay Beach
- El Chaco
This is a fishing village with a beautiful sandy beach. Here, you can taste some of the best fresh sea foods.
Pucusana is a district in southern Lima Province in Peru. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the west, the district of Santa María del Mar on the north, the Chilca District of the Cañete Province on the east, and the Pacific Ocean on the south.
If you want to experience some authentic Peru beach with loads of people, this is the place to go.
6. EI Silencio
The waves are high making it difficult for the children to play in the water, This beach is outside Lima. Ideal for surfers, the beach is rocky during low tides. There is a beach side service and plenty of beach chairs for the visitors.
About 26 miles from Lima, Playa el Silencio offers a window into Peru’s memorable summer time. Try the fresh air on the beach, delivered directly to your spot in the sand.
Silencio Beach is gorgeous, soft white sands generously sprinkled with brightly colored shells, gentle sea breeze, gentle ocean waves, and pelicans diving for fish.
7. Punta Hermosa
One of the best beaches for a weekend getaway. It is only an hour’s drive from Peru. The sea is cold here and the waves are huge. There are many hotels and restaurants that suits every budget.
Punta Hermosa is one of Peru’s most loved and traditional beach resorts. It features small coves with sandy and rocky beaches, sea conditions ideal for novice and experienced surfers, seafood restaurants and a lively nightlife scene.
Lima, Peru is not all about mountains. It has amazing beaches on the banks of the pacific ocean. If you are a water-sports adventurer, visiting Lima beaches should be on your bucket list.
Related Useful Articles:
- Best Beaches to Visit in Amsterdam
- 7 Breathtaking Beaches In Cape Town
- 9 Best Beaches In South America
- 7 Best Beaches In Cuba To Explore
- 10 Beautiful Beaches In Hong Kong
- 6 Of The Best Beaches In Alaska
- Exploring the Top 10 Best Beaches in Pattaya, Thailand
- Exploring the Top 9 Beaches in Bali, Indonesia
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Beaches In San Diego
- 7 Best Beaches In Delaware For A Perfect Beach Vacation
- Explore the 8 Best Beaches in Phuket, Thailand
- Exploring the Top 5 Beaches in Kerala
- 7 Incredible Beaches to Visit in Europe
- 9 Best White Sand Beaches In USA For You (2023)
- 5 Top Beaches to Visit in Ohio, USA
- Discover 8 of the USA’s Best Hidden Beaches
- [2023 Travel Destinations] 8 Best Islands to Visit in South Carolina, USA
- The 9 Best Beaches in Destin, Florida (With Photos)
- 8 Best Islands to Visit in the Paris on your Vacay
- Top 5 Best Places for Surfing in Miami, Florida